Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012 Has Been An @sshole Year!

Thank Gods it's almost in the rear view :/

That being said, I am so excited about 2013 and it needs to be here now!

2012 was a major growth spurt for me.  It was painful, humiliating, frustrating, un-fit in my jeans-friendly.  *DH* made way too many guest appearances and there were way too many next mornings of "Oh Dear Gods, what did she type now?"  And quite a few "Yes, I love you!  Now GO TO BED!!!" texts from the Good Twin.
I didn't visit the Good Twin and the Minions nearly enough.  I spent most of this year trying to find myself, trying to figure out what the heck happened in the last 12 years of my life, getting drunk enough to type about painful stuff, learning to forgive, learning how to be angry, learning how to say no to Doritos and McDonald's CBO Angus... (the last one is still a work in progress)

It was the ultimate suck-fest of a year.

Not to say it didn't have it's awesome moments too.  Even though we weren't in the same zip code for most of it- this year was an epic one in the Good Twin/Evil Twin friendship.  A great friend is by your side through the good and bad.  An awesome friend is someone who's willing to give you the space you need while being there to cheer you on in the rare moments you poke your head out of hiding.  Her patience, love and humor were a Gods' send!

This is the first time in the history of being Me, that I am happy and grateful to be single.  And not as that "broken Divorced Woman who's happy that she's smart enough not to get involved with anyone" it's because I have grown through so many of my relationship issues and I'm finally happy and whole as Me.  Am I still a work in progress?  Absolutely. But I am loving the fact that I'm able to put myself front and center in my life and really carve out who I am and who I want to be.  The People I love tell me that I'm awesome and I'm glad I took the time to find out what the fuss was all about ;)
















1 comment:

  1. It is incredibly hard not pushing you (although I have hit below the belt this Fall but I digress...) I've understood that you need to sort yourself out. I'm glad you know that I am here for you no matter what (DH definitely knows!! :))!!!

    I am most glad that you are finally starting to see the wonderful, beautiful person I see when I look at you! *hug* I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?